Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Toying with Returning

A good friend recently suggested I hang a CLOSED sign on BCC is Broken. I can't deny I've thought about it. But I can't bring myself to do it. I have flirted with the idea of resuming posting here when I finish the Old School Jesus series at Element, but the truth is, finishing one series won't exactly free up a whole lot of blogging time. I'll be starting another one immediately after.

But I do miss writing for the great readers I had here, and since SiteMeter informs me weekly that people are still checking in (although obviously not as many as in the blog's heyday), I think I will try to cultivate a readership again first with some quality links and then, as soon as can be managed, a return to original posting.

We are enjoying a new chapter in the life of our church. David Perez has been at the helm since Easter Sunday. We have seen the rise of new generational ministries (Launch for middle school, Element for "college and career"), as well as the unabated continuation of service ministries that BCC has always been known for (rescue mission work, Habitat builds, Soles 4 Souls, soldier support, children's home volunteerism, etc.). We have clung to what is good of the old and have moved on to the new with hope and faith.

There's still stuff to talk about, isn't there? :-)

Grace and peace to you.
More coming soon . . .

1 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared,
I am very happy to see/hear
that you will keep your blog going
for now.....I actually expected
it to be 'closed' and was delighted
it was not. I , for one, appreciate you reminding us, in
all your eloquent forms, that only
a proficient writer as yourself can do, how/why Christ died for us.
I need to be reminded, I want to be reminded, and I so appreciate all the different links and insights you give us to the many sources we have out there to learn more.
Grateful,
Rhonda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home