Why I Like Dr. Foster
1. It is obvious he is passionate about introducing the lost and hurting to Jesus Christ.
2. He is a dynamic -- and thoughtful -- speaker. I have profited from his teaching and I've always enjoyed it. One thing I've always said is that even lame-o theology nerds like me learn something when Dr. Foster teaches in open community.
3. He is a Calvinist. Or so I've been told by a reliable source. I'm a Calvinist too, and in the "seeker church" world, we are a rare breed.
4. Anybody who went to Free Will Baptist Bible College as an undergrad and then ended up at Reformed Theological Seminary for his doctorate is a cool dude. That is one wild ride, Mr. Toad.
5. When once a few of my fellow Thinklings (a group weblog I co-founded 3 years ago) took issue with something Dr. Foster wrote, he graciously took the time to respond and allowed me to post his response. He did so with understanding and with good spirit.
6. He has great taste in music. Seriously. Coldplay, U2. I would definitely steal his iPod.