Monday, August 07, 2006

Elders Meetings Update

There is a new schedule for the elders meetings. You can sign up here.

The new schedule is as follows:
Monday, August 7 - 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - ONION (limit: 80)
Tuesday, August 8 - 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - ONION (limit: 80)
Wednesday, August 9, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Main Auditorium (no limit)
Thursday, August 10, 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. - Main Auditorium (no limit)

(Childcare will be provided for PreK 2 - 6th Grade only, downstairs in Kids Place)

The meetings for next week have been cancelled, and I'm informed that the church is in the process right now of contacting those folks to reschedule them for a session this week.
The unlimited seating in the Wed. and Thur. night sessions should allow access to most everyone interested.

If you haven't yet gone, and you are unclear on the facts, please sign up.

3 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Devon said...

If you are unable to make it to a meeting this week, but wish to attend a meeting, please contact Colleen Gibson at cgibson@hopepark.com

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared,
is there any reason to go to ANOTHER meeting - I would think not - and along
those lines , when do you think we'll hear the results fo the forensic audit ?
oh by the way I visited the
talkbcc blog and came running back here - - it
is scary - -

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Jared said...

Yes, the "conversation" at the forum derailed more quickly than I expected and is very gross right now. I still get the emailed entries, but I haven't said anything there since the first or second day of its existence. It's yucky.

The only reason I can think of to attend a meeting twice would be to lend the elders some support, even if with just a kind face. In fact, by not attending, you may open up space for someone who has not been able to attend thus far.
Although the last two sessions are unlimited seating.
Up to you, I suppose.

I haven't heard anything about the audit, but if I do, I will post on it.

I have not posted anything about money or Dr. Foster's LLC's or anything like that because I consider that stuff fairly peripheral. I'm not concerned about how much he was paid; I'm in the minority in that I think pastors should be paid well. Very well, actually. But that might be because I have several pastor friends who eat, sleep, and breathe for their churches and can barely support their families. Provided a pastor is a real servant leader, I believe he should be well compensated. So I couldn't care less how much Dr. Foster was making; my only concern was for how well he was suited for the position.

Thanks for camping out here, btw. I'll try to keep the ride as smooth as possible. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home