Thursday, September 07, 2006

(dis)Unity

"Christianity is the total plan for the human machine. We have all departed from that total plan in different ways, and each of us wants to make out that his own modification of the original plan is the plan itself. You will find this again and again about anything that is really Christian: every one is attracted by bits of it and wants to pick out those bits and leave the rest. That is why we do not get much further: and that is why people who are fighting for quite opposite things can both say they are fighting for Christianity."

-- C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

1 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger C. Evan Leonard said...

Okay... but when I've been in a fight... I ain't never chewed off a piece of someone's ear....

I've only given them an earful of why I think I'm right... : -)

Nice words from C. S. Lewis...

- a mere christian pugilist.... with an amateur ranking... of lightweight.... needing to ingest even more of the bread of life... to help put more weight on... if I ever hope to grow and become a legitimate heavyweight... christian....

C. Evan Leonard

 

Post a Comment

<< Home