Monday, August 21, 2006

What's Happening

Wassup, party people? I hope you had a good weekend. I know I did. And now that I've settled down from the emotions involved in taking my oldest to her first day of school ever this morning, I s'pose I can take some time to touch base.

I hope you're still heading to the weekend services. I don't know about you, but I think Bill West is rocking hard on the What We Need To Hear front. His previous two messages were on-point, heart-of-the-matter, and, most importantly, Gospel-driven stuff. I for one have appreciated his words.

Please pray for the staff over the next couple of days. They are on a much needed retreat together until Wednesday, praying and sharing and preparing to return to BCC ready for our Vision: Reloaded. ;-)

With that in mind, keep your eyes and ears open for some important events in the near future. For examples:

BCC Vision Night
Interested in hearing about the search for a new lead pastor? Interested in the elder board nomination process and the congregation's involvement in it? Interested in the future of BCC at all? Don't miss this very important mid-week service, Wednesday, August 30, at 6:30pm. I am told childcare will be provided.

Conexus
Small groups are coming, small groups are coming!
Watch for the release of the Conexus directories, or check the Conexus page on the Hope Park website. Registration for the Fall semester of small groups will be open soon, and the semester officially starts September 17.
I attended a leader orientation this past weekend, and I know I'm not the only one excited about the renewed potential for community in our post-conflict church.

The Conexus Rally is coming the weekend of September 9-10. During all four services, small group leaders will be available in the atrium to answer questions about their groups/classes. You can get more information and even sign up before and between services.

This blog has really opened up a lot of opportunities for me in getting to know more people "behind the scenes" and hearing more about all the great plans our leaders hope to implement for our church. BCC is blessed to have staff, volunteers, and other leaders who are committed to our vision and values, and who are really looking forward to the renewal going on in our church community. Will you join me in believing BCC's best days are ahead?

I've got more to post on in the coming days, including responses to some reader e-mails. So stay tuned!

Peace.

2 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared,
Thanks for your request for prayers for the staff at our retreat. It was absolutely incredible!! God was definitely present and guided us thru some much needed "healing" time and preparation for the future.

This is the first time I think, at least in a very, very long time, that the BCC staff has had the opportunity to get away from the day to day operations and get ot know each other better and also work on us as a team and leaders.

God is Great!!!

-Chris

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared,

It was nice to actually meet you at the Conexus leader training this weekend. I also look forward to what BCC becomes over the next year or so. I think God is moving in the hearts of people, and we will be able to see those fruits as time goes by.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home