Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Do Not Get Within 12 Miles of My Blog

I got your no-compete clause riiight here.

Okay, so Jamey Tucker's follow-up piece on the BCC conflict appeared on Channel 2 Wendesday evening at 6pm. Based on the number of questions he asked me on the phone, I guess I expected something longer. Even the video of Dr. Foster was only one or two sentences long.

But I thought it was a good piece because it demonstrated two things: a) BCC is processing this hurt via these meetings, and b) those on the side of the elders and staff are not playing with the media any more. I even understand that Richard McKinney is no longer granting interviews.

An aside: Will you critics please make up your mind? One minute the elders aren't saying enough. The next you're complaining they're all over TV explaining stuff. You can't have it both ways.

For my part, I think BCC business belongs in BCC. I know we are a large, influential church, and there's nothing wrong with talking to the media. But we are a church family first and foremost. To that end, I don't begrudge Dr. Foster using the media to continue distributing his message, but he has several online vehicles he for some reason is not using. His supporters should hear from him through these channels before they have to hear with the rest of Middle Tennessee on the evening news.

Mr. Tucker updated his blog post on BCC with information from his Wednesday night story. He mentions that he is developing a bit on that infamous "no-compete" clause. In Dr. Foster's brief appearance on the segment, he also beat that no-compete drum.

It might be a good time to remind everyone again that the no-compete clause was first introduced by Dr. Foster in his contract presented to the elders. The initial separation agreement the elders presented to Dr. Foster in the form of a personal letter said nothing about where Foster could go or where he could speak. That terrible no-good very bad item was introduced by Foster's camp.

Of course, the elders left the clause in their response, because they realized it was a pretty good idea. It is very nice of Dr. Foster to want to give them credit.

5 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I do not understand all the fine details of what has happened with BCC, the Elders and David Foster, I do know ONE thing for certain. The reason I started going to BCC is because I love David Foster's Services. More than I loved anyone elses. Matter-of-fact, without trying to sound mean, but I will be honest, his services were the only ones that I was never looking at my watch wishing it would hurry and be over. I always wanted David's services to last all day. I know that the church isn't about David.... it's about Jesus.... But David has a gift for teaching us about Jesus.... In a way no other church I've attented has been able to. I'm sorry to say, I will no longer attend BCC. I am a supporter of David. He founded BCC. And if it weren't for him, BCC wouldn't exsist today and have all the members it has. Why would the Elders want to "go in a different direction"? Haven't they ever heard the saying, "Don't fix what isn't broken"????

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are SO misinformed. Seek the truth.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Jared said...

Anonymous 2, I can't tell if you're speaking to me, Jared, or to the first Anonymous commenter.

If me, you can plainly see the comments are open. Please feel free to correct any of my misinformation.

 
At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't the offer (counter-offer) that included the non-compete clause the first contract like document introduced into the negotiations? And wasn't it about this time that Craig Barber got involved as Dave's "advisor?"

Seem's to me that this non-compete clause could have been accidently introduced from standard boilerplate that likely came from Barber's computer. Goes to show what kind of advisor this Barber guy is (if in fact this conjecture is true, of course). This would scream to me, if I were David, BEWARE.

It's trite to say, but if this guy is a friend, who needs enemies?

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that Barber is a paid operative of Hell's ringmaster but I'll wager my Strong's Concordance that he has Old Scratch's cell number on speed-dial.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home