Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Elders Meeting: Introduction

I just got home from the Tuesday night elders meeting at the church. Although I'm tired, physically and emotionally, I want to get what I've got on the site before morning tiredness makes me half-ace the task.

I will blog about the meeting in three separate posts (four, if you include this introduction). The first will be just my bare-bones notes of the elders' presentation of events. The second will be my prioritized bullet points of that presentation, the key items I think folks need to most hang on to. The third and final post will be me gettin' all biased up in your grill. Apologies ahead of time for that post.

One thing I do want to stress is that YOU MUST GO TO A MEETING. Seriously, you owe it to yourself, to the church, to the Fosters, and to your own conscience to hear the rationale and history behind this difficult decision. This might scare you, but people's minds are being changed by these meetings, which is what sometimes happens when that dangerous thing called the Truth gets involved.

Okay, I know I just irked some folks. Seriously -- go to a meeting. These guys have gone through a lot over the last 18 months. They have day jobs and families. They've been insulted, harassed, and had their ability to provide for their families threatened. They are committed to 3-4 hours every weeknight for at least the next three weeks, trying to make sure every single person at BCC gets to hear what everybody's been demanding to know.

Please. Go.

4 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared -

Excellent posts about the Elders Meeting you attended. I referenced your blog posts in an entry I just made at talkbcc (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/talkbcc/message/91). I think what you have written is important enough that someone who happens on that blog and not yours should see what you have written.

Please consider cross posting your four Elders Meeting entries over at talkbcc.

Good work.

Rod

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very riveting notes. We have signed up to attend a meeting next week.
Scott Sheriff
former BCC staff and member/attender '94-2001

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful and detailed job you are doing. I do have a question. I have read your notes to the meeting and thoughts thereafter. I have heard the same accounts from several others and believe the elders made the right choice. Do you still think I should go to a meeting to hear it for myself. If so, why?

I am still very sad, because I did love Dave's teaching and will miss it terribly. I am also sad to face reality and have his image in my mind tarnished.

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared,

If you don't look for the Truth, you didn't really want to know it anyway.

I admire your even-keeledness (OK, I just made that up) in this matter. It's a sad thing to happen, but appearances seem to indicate that your elder board is operating correctly.

Damon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home